Tuesday 7 August 2012

Doilies

Doilies.... When I think of these, I think of my grandma.  She used to crochet doilies in bed. We have a few of her creations in our house. It’s strange how what I consider an old artform is getting a revamp of sorts. Gone are the days of just planting them on the dinner table or as a coaster for your cuppa. Now they can be made into anything.

Here are just a few that I loved.
Doily Lampshade by Shannon South
Doily bib necklace by owlandsparrowvintage 
 
Sweet girls dress by taraKdesigns
 
Crochet bag by BangDollVintage ...
Sweet cushion by Koochie Koo

if these pictures inspire, you can create something amazingly unique with your own doilies - if you don't have any your grandmother made, you can always buy a few from Little Tee Tee Laces, trims and more  Here

No comments:

Post a Comment