Monday 9 January 2012

DIY -How to make Shabby-chic lace headbands

I'm having a bit of fun playing with my new laces & trims which are to be sold in the Little Tee Tee store.  I'm hoping my creations will help with a little inspiration on how to put stretch laces & fabric flowers to good use!



Team this white beaded stretch lace (available here) & these pretty flowers (available here) to make the above gorgeous headband.  I simply overlapped 3 of the white flowers & sewed them directly onto the lace headband. Easy!



I love this headband!  So simple, so shabby chic. Use a wide stretch elastic (this one available here), & sew in two pleats to make one section skinnier.  Add a singular rose (variety available here) as the focal point by carefully sewing around the base of the rose & then trimming off excess mesh.


Handy Headband Tutorial tips:

  • Measure the head of the person wearing the headband, where the headband is going to sit.

  • Cut the lace to the above measurement.

  • Sew at raw edge with right sides together. I use a zig-zag stitch & go back and forth at least 3 times. 



  • Want to see new laces & trims as soon as they arrive? Join my Little Tee Tee Laces & Trims facebook page now!


    Happy Creating!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment