Wednesday 25 May 2011

markets

Yes, I love markets!  As a youngen my parents would take us to the local flea markets to spend our meagre pocket money.  And the money spending at markets hasn't stopped since! I love finding quirky, handmade goodies for my kids, my home & sometimes myself!

I also love being a stall holder.  I love meeting everyone who stops to browse, & to hear their thoughts on my creations.  What I don't love is the set-up process!  I stress about how to make the stall inviting & accessible.

I'm about to go to my first market of the year, & in fact the first market selling my new label Little Tee Tee. The Galoomp Markets are bringing a new event to the coast & this Sunday (29th May '11) is their inaugural market to be held at The Peninsula Centre at Woy Woy.  I can't wait!!!!

I've been sewing up a few new special-occasion dresses & even played with a few headbands.  My favourite new addition to my market display are these gorgeous rose balls (for want of better description!)  I had planned to make about 9 of them but they're taking me at least a day to make just one & there's only 4 days left!

Speaking of which, I must go get the glue gun out & continue!  Hope to meet some fantastic people on Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment